Friday, October 14, 2011

What!! No Hair.........















It took me a while to want (get up the nerve) to share these pictures but I finally figured that its all part of my Afghanistan Adventure... so I share with you these pictures…. The pictures are while I was in Dubai getting some medical attention, having tests done to determine what was going on.

There are a couple of very important rules to follow here in Afghanistan I guess the most important one is to watch your back, be careful and the other important rule is do not get sick.
The Doctors here, well let’s just say if you are a good doctor would you choose to live in Afghanistan?

Well I've had some health problems for the last couple of months; have gone to 4 different doctors here in Afghanistan and no one know what is causing the problem. It's nothing life threatening as far as I can tell but it’s very uncomfortable ... I've had a very bad head - neck rash that just won't go away that has now spread to the back, chest and arms.... It's very uncomfortable sometimes painful and always itches....

Well the last doctor recommended that I shave my head so that the medicine she wanted to try could be on the scalp... so now I don't have any hair... but I still have the rash... and it keeps spreading...It's been another interesting experience...

The hair is growing back so very slowly.... to slow ... but it’s also so much easier to get ready to go someplace... not that I have any place to go......and no bad hair days… don’t have to worry about the wind messing up my hair….

I will be going to Dubai in a couple of weeks and will see a real doctor when I am there. Hopefully they will be able to determine what the problem is and give me the right medicine.

The Myler family motto is "Pain is only Temporary" but my question is how long is temporary?

The Adventure continues.........

Up date........

The picture was taken after a week in Dubai under a doctors care... The rash was caused by a rare skin reaction to the high UVA's here in Afghanistan. The highest UVA rating is 11 in July when I arrived it was at 11 then in August it dropped down to 10, so.... It even has a real fancy name. I will need to take proper precautions while I am here and maybe for the rest of my life. Long sleeve shirts, hats, sunscreen stuff like that... if I have an another outbreak I now have the proper medicine and know how to treat it.

I am doing fine and all is well....

It was just another part of this great Adventure.......



2 comments:

  1. You are rather handsome without hair!!! Happy you are busy back on the job with more responsibility and little time to get into trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me get this straight. . . . . these pictures were taken AFTER your visit to Dubai....AFTER the doctor told you to wear long sleeves and wide brimmed hat? Oh. um...OK. I see.

    ReplyDelete