Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Joy of little Children



August 11th 20011

It is interesting how the littlest things can touch you... I mean this is really nothing but it touched my heart and really made me happy this evening.. so I will share

As I was walking out the man gate, which is locked after hours but I have my own key so as to allow me access to the Army base across the street. I use this gate whenever I go to the base, which is a couple time a day due to the fact that I eat my meals and meet the COR people there, anyways....

I was unlocking the gate to go out, and this young boy probable about 10 to 12 years old that works on my site as a cooks helper and a office cleaner, really a sweet nice boy, he ran up to exit the gate also, I opened the gate for him and motioned for him to go through he motioned back for me to go through first I said no and told him to go through... this went back and forth, I sat down on a chair the guard uses and the boy sat down on the ground.. both of us laughing.. it was a stale mate... neither of us were going through first, it was so cute,this went on for a while.... he whistled some and just sat.... I haven't played with kids for such a long time... I didn't know I was missing it... anyways I got up went to shake his hand and tried to pull him through... he wouldn't go .. so I laugh gave in and went out first... he laugh and went out and ran down the road..... it was fun to play.... but as I walked away I was also touched missing that part of my life and appreciating that simple act of the respect the boy had been taught to give to his elders. It is a different society, lots of sad wrong things and yet some things that we could learn from..... but I think I was also just touched at being able to play and have some fun...

As I thought about it, I really haven't had any fun for a long while.... and this was more meaningful than some of the other fun things we do as singles... This young boy and I brought a moment of joy/fun into each others life by just playing... I really am missing grand kids... I look back at some of the pictures I have holding someones elses grand kids and I see the joy that I had in my eyes and heart... I miss those special spirits....

Anyways just wanted to share this very little thing .....

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet. This particular entry really touched me. I hope you get to have more moments like this and fewer moments like the airport. : )

    ReplyDelete