Monday, August 15, 2011

Kabul.... (7-13)

July 13th 2011



Thought I'd catch you up a little...


It's been an interesting day.. Went to a military base today, About 1 mile away... We walked with an armed guard, Lots of little kids swarming you and asking you to buy things or just give them money or drinks... It was like you would see in a movie... If you were not careful they will steal things from you... It's sad to walk by a trash pile and see the kids picking through it looking for things They can sell or eat... We are so blessed in our country...

After dinner tonight I stayed and visited with some of the upper management men.. Trying to get to know them... That was interesting also... The things you can learn...

I'm leaving tomorrow to go for some training at a site (Gardez) to the east about 4 hours away.. We will leave about 10am after the military clears the road for road side bombs... I understand that there have been an increase in activity in this area... When we go we will be in two cars.. Our car with two armed guards and a car the follows with 3 armed guards... I will be well protected... I hope

Things, activity has increased in the last couple of days since the Afgan presidents brother was killed... More road side bombings and attacks... I will be careful....

This is the real beginning of a new experience... Now I will be living and working with the Afgan people... I will be with only 1 other American ....

I will return to the office on Thursday for a meeting and then go to my site on either Friday or Saturday... At that site I will be the only American...

I've already had some interesting discussions with some young Afgans regarding religious beliefs comparing ours and theirs ..

More yet to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment