Sunday, August 14, 2011

Its my Birthday.......


It's my Birthday.....

You know I could whine about not being home, being alone, and a number of other things but truth be told I have so many blessings... My kids have been wonderful... They have really carried the day, expressing and showing me so much love... Cards, a special package, emails, Facebook postings and phone calls.... The love they show and express is unbelievable... The Faith they have shown is way beyond their age, oh how proud i am.... Whitney even had her girlfriends from BYU write thoughts of appreciation on cards and then she sent them to me, oh how touching that was....

And then there are my friends... Thank you for all of your wonderful comments and messages of love and support....

While this has been a "different" birthday.. It is good sometimes to just time and reflect on the blessings that we do have.... I went out "shopping" in downtown Mazar today, and again saw the other side.. People hungry, living with no or little hope for tomorrow... It is so sad to see our brothers and sisters suffer like this... But we each can reach out and "touch the one" .. I have the opportunity to do just that.. Let me share...

OH, but before I share.......When I went shopping I bought myself a handmade Afghan rug and then I went and got an Afghan "suit".. it what they wear when they get dressed up... it is being made for me... I will sent some pictures of the "tailor" shop...

I have implemented a program here call " Capacity Building" it's not a new program but it is one that hasn't been used for a while.. The COR and my Company is excited about it... I'll explain..

What I am doing is taking 10 (this number will grow)day labors and giving them the opportunity to become carpenters ... The carpenter sub will train them, we TI (my Company) will pay for them to be trained... The COR at the end of the training will give them a certificate of completion.. This will allow 10 men with no expertise to change there status in life... We will also give them a raise while they are being trained... Something like teaching a man to fish ... You all know that story... I am excited about this... It will make a difference in changing people's life's ... The way to change the world is one person at a time... "Reaching the One" .... My motto in life.. Try it reach out and do something good for someone else and see how good you feel... It comes right back to you with more...

Oh yes, I can't help but wish I could have a few (do overs) in my life... My life isn't what I ever thought it would be... Never in a million years... Answers to prayers come in strange ways... Still trying to figure that one out but I have Faith that the Lord has a Plan and He will guide me and lead me... Who knows where the path will lead me... Maybe I just took a detour..... and will end up back where I belong..... But I know I will end up in a happy good place.

Just came home from Church.... Love the Spirit... even though we had only 5 people attending the Spirit was so strong there...having so few really shows how important each of us are ...

I hope everyone has a Happy good Sunday

Scott

2 comments:

  1. We are so proud for all that you are doing. Love you and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Capacity Building sounds wonderful. Yay you for making a difference!!! Oh, and I doubt that you are just taking a detour only to end up back where you think you belong.....I think you are on a whole new road to a wonderful new life. In the words of a dear friend who also shares your birth date..."It's OK to look back. . . . just don't stare." Look forward dear friend. That's where your future is. Happy Happy Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete